Sunday, February 3, 2013

On A Sunday After Lunch

Hive Report Sunday 2-3-13
My days are always planned.  I usually have an idea what I am going to be doing with my hives, with the courier work, with my cleaning clients, my media jobs/projects.  Here is the disclaimer: if I don't feel good or schedules conflict or weather is bad you know those things that interfere.  I find that if I miss a day I just keep plugging away till it all gets done.

On Sunday I always have this grand plan to do something to get me closer to my goals especially beekeeping.  But here is the thing, Sunday church then lunch, makes me sleepy.   plus while I was writing this I had to extract a splinter from a certain 2yo.
So here is what I got done before I nap and after I took the splinter out.  Went to visit lake wylie apiary.  All looked good there.  Forgot to pick them up for weight but when I knocked on them they buzzed and some were flying. 

By the time I got to Black's it was a little cooler so only two hives flying.  However I checked all the bee hives and they  were occupied.  The one on the left was really light and had 3 cockroaches on top cover...yuk.  I will need to feed immediately.  The ones beside it were a little heavier.

Some of the Money from springs needs to be used for sugar for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment