Tuesday, December 11, 2012

1st Hive Report

This blog will help Sally, who works from the candle studio and honey house, know what is going on inside the hive when I report from the field.  Sally has many many hours of study on honeybees.  As this business grows and our hives grow in numbers it is important for both of us to be on the same page.  The way to do this is when i am in the field, I blog this and Sally will be able to give direction if I missed anything.  I can put up pictures and videos that will allow her to see what I see.

Our history working together goes back to 2005.  We met at church.  Prior to that I had been praying for a beekeeping mentor for 20 years.  When Sally said she was a beekeeper I told her "you are going to be my new best friend"  We became friends and began beekeeping together.  She started her business MamaBeehive Honey Farm in 2005 where is bottled honey, makes beeswax candles and other hive products.  I became serious about in 2010, where I felt God calling me to become a full-time beekeeper.  We realized that there was things Sally needed help with and there things I needed only Sally could help me with, so we merged our efforts together.

You the viewer is invited to on this journey with us.....

No comments:

Post a Comment