Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wednesday Hive Report

Today's plans started yesterday and changed overnight with the news of  40deg and rainy.  I planned to visit bee yards wed and thur. Then I realized that Sally and I forgot to make fondant frames on Tuesday.
New game plan...go to the studio in the morning and make fondant and maybe I get to visit bees.  Making Fondant is like walking thru the woods in the pitch black woods with moon. It is a pretty hard thing to do with out messing up. We had to boil the syrup three times before we got it cooked up.
After making the fondant frames we decided it was too cold and rainy to open hives and expose them to damp weather.  So tomorrow is going to be the day and some on Friday.
We were productive Sally Kae lip butter and packaged them while I worked online.  All the while we made fondant.  For those of you that want to buy fondant at the cake suppliers- don't it is made with corn syrup.  No good for the bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment