Thursday, December 27, 2012

Bees in my shirt

Hive Report for Thursday...Dec. 27
As a beekeeper sometimes, every once in a while honey bees while working them will get inside your shirt.  I had been in a hive and felt one crawling on my belly inside my shirt. I reached inside and got her out.  Found out there was more.  I went to the grocery store afterwards, I was standing in line and a honeybee flew off of my jacket and info the store.

Lake Wylie hives were stable and strong in numbers.  One was really down in the amount of stores or honey available inside the hive.  So I placed one honey frame and a fondant frame.  There was only one that did not need anything.  I was pleasantly surprised to find them coming out shaking their fist at me stinging me on the leg.  I had black pants on.  Also visited uncle ron's..it looked good too.

Below is a picture of the strongest and lots of honey stores.  The other is a picture of all the hives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment